South Belton Cemetery is located on Kinney Hill on the South side of Nolan Creek. Bell County and Belton were formed in early 1850. The cemetery was established soon after. The oldest remaining marked death date is for Elizabeth Burriss who died on May 21, 1851. Many of those buried at the cemetery contributed to the development of Belton, Bell County, and Texas. The cemetery was the only cemetery in Belton until the establishment of North Belton Cemetery in 1877/1878. South Belton Cemetery saw very little use after the 1920s.